Last Updated: May 2018
This website usage policy is made available on an ‘as is’ basis. LAN-IT cannot take any responsibility for the consequences of errors or omissions resulting from, but not excluded to, missing or incomplete information/data, and/or out of date information/data. Any reliance you place on this website will be at your own risk. Your continued use of this website implies agreement by you, to these and all terms set out in this document. This document is subject to change without prior notice but where possible we will endeavour to publish a notice before making material changes. We encourage users to frequently check this page for the most up to date information.
Terms & Definitions
In this document, where we have used the term “we” or “us” or “the company” we refer to Lan-IT. Where we have used the term “you” or “the customer” we refer explicitly to you as the user of our website.
Neither LAN-IT, nor its employees, experts, sponsors or syndication partners are liable for any losses or damages arising from your use of this website. These individuals and organisations exclude all warranties and representations, express or implied, in respect of your use of the website and its content.
This website usage policy describes how we LAN-IT protect and make use of the information you give us “the company” when you use this website.
If you are asked to provide information when using this website, it will only be used in the ways described in this policy.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
This website usage policy was updated on: 08/05/2018
If you have any questions about this policy, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: LAN-IT Services Ltd, Office 7, 35-37 Ludgate Hill, London, EC4M 7JN.
We gather and use certain information about individuals to provide services and/or products to our customers and/or to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
When you visit our website, we may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show you relevant content or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit What are Cookies
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
- Agree to the use of the data you have submitted on the website, by giving consent, for the purposes of processing any enquiry you have made.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to: email@example.com
- Write to us at: LAN-IT Services Ltd, Office 7, 35-37 Ludgate Hill, London, EC4M 7JN.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Our compliance will fall in line with the upcoming GDPR on May the 25th 2018 also.
We will always hold your information securely, whether in physical form such as paper, or in the form of computer data such as on hard disk drives or within certified cloud storage.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the current Data Protection Act 1998 and will continue to do so when GDPR comes into force on May the 25th 2018.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the lan-it.co.uk & lan-it.org.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.